Thursday, April 3, 2014

{Inspiration} Colours, patterns and themes

For those of you planning a wedding, choosing an original or unique colour scheme can be difficult, especially if you have never had a favourite colour in mind or even a theme to go from. I have worked with a few brides who have asked me, "Where do I begin?!"

While there is a truck load of wedding images available online, most I've noticed, seem to follow a trend of the same colour schemes that keep popping up and repeating over and over.

The best place to start, if you have no idea what you like is to find any image you are naturally drawn too or perhaps something that catches your eye. It doesn't have to be a wedding image at all, it can be a painting, a photo or a printed graphic.
I still remember the first picture I saved when I started thinking about a theme for my wedding, it was a bouquet of flowers sitting a top an old wooden chair with bright yellows, muted greens, creams and browns. Even though it changed a little the more I planned, it was a great starting point. 

If you are still feeling lost, why not take a trip down to your local fabric store, there is always some great patterns with unique colour combinations. If you're not able to visit a brick and mortar store, jump online, there are plenty of sweet little online fabric stores, some with great vintage patterns and colours.

I know I keep rambling on about Pinterest but personally, it's my go to for inspiration. There are some great designs, artwork and patterns to be found and some great combinations that can be easily transposed into a colour scheme for an event.

Below are some gorgeous patterned images I found on Pinterest of textiles, paintings and even wallpaper, with beautiful rich vibrant colours, that could be easily incorporated into any themed event, modern or vintage. Click on an image to find it's source.

Happy colour scheme hunting!
 
Navy, blue, cream, golden yellow, orange with a touch of red

Burnt orange, bright Coral, musk pink, cream, olive green, gold and blues

Carmine pink, coral, celeste blue, catalina blue, olive green, cream and a touch of yellow

Blizzard blue, candy pink and french lilac

Latte, mustard yellow, absinthe green and baker miller pink

All shades of blue, some olive green, mustard yellow, touch of orange and fuschia

Navy blue, dark pink and golden poppy yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...